- This event has passed.
Township Board Meeting
February 2 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
NOTICE OF A REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD ELECTRONICALLY
GOGEBIC COUNTY, MICHIGAN
To: The residents and property owners of Wakefield Township, Gogebic County, Michigan, and any other interested parties.
Please take notice that a meeting of the Wakefield Township Board will be held on February 2, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. by electronic remote access.
Electronic remote access, in accordance with Michigan law, will be implemented in response to COVID-19 social distancing requirements and limitations on the number of individuals in a meeting hall.
The public may participate in the meeting through Bluejeans software by computer and smart phone using the following link:
Meeting ID: 826 761 026 6
The public may also participate by dialing into one of the following numbers:
+1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
+1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
(see all numbers – https://www.bluejeans.com/numbers)
Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
Members of the public will only be able to speak at the meeting during the public comment portion of the meeting and such comment will be limited to three minutes per person. To provide for orderly public comment, a person wishing to speak during public comment must state their name and request to be recognized by the Wakefield Township Supervisor.
If, prior to the meeting, members of the public have certain questions or wish to provide input on any business that will be addressed at the meeting then such persons may contact the Township Supervisor, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at: Wakefield Township, P.O. Box 164, Wakefield, MI 49968.
The Township will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services to individuals with disabilities upon 72 hours advance notice by contacting Jennifer Ahonen,
Wakefield Township Clerk,
by email, phone, or mail at the below.
Jennifer Ahonen Wakefield Township, Clerk
P.O. Box 164
Wakefield, MI 49968
Phone: (906) 364-0717
WAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 5:30 P.M.
A: CALL TO ORDER TO ORDER/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
B: ROLL CALL
C: APPROVAL OF AGENDA
D: APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING(S)
E: APPROVAL OF BILLS
F: BRIEF PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
G: REPORTS AND APPEARANCES
1. Supervisor’s report—Road Commission meeting; Covid 19 meeting; Cemetery meeting
2. Treasurer’s Report
3. Gogebic Range Water Authority Report
4. Solid Waste Report
5. Section 32 Report
1. Gogebic County Board of Commissioners
2. Gogebic County Road Commission
3. MTA Legislative
4. Sordahl Rd letter
5. Thank you letter
6. Charter letter
7. Enbridge communications
8. Gogebic County Council of Veterans Affairs letter
I: UNFINISHED BUSINES
1. Appoint Board of Review Member
2. Appoint Planning Commission Member
J: NEW BUSINESS
1. Set Public Hearing for 20-21Budget Hearing-March 2, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
2. Agreement for Collection of 2021 Summer Property Taxes
3. 2021 VA Council Appropriation
4. Ipads for Trustees
5. Budget Amendments (if necessary)
K: EXTENDED PUBLIC COMMENT
L: ANNOUNCEMENTS/ ADJOURNMENT
1. Special Joint Meeting with Wakefield City Council—Monday, February 22, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
2. Next regular meeting – Tuesday, March 2, 2021 following the 5:30 PM Public Hearing
3. Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 4:30 pm, Board of Review (Organizational—no tax appeals)
4. BOR Tax Appeals Dates– The March Board of Review which will hear tax appeals will be on the following dates: Monday, March 8, 2021- 9 a.m.-3:00 p.m. and Tuesday, March 9, 2021 3pm-9pm.
5. Planning Commission will meet third Wednesday of each quarter, (March, June, September, December) at 5:00 pm or as necessary